Looking for a refreshing dish for the summer? Breakfast, lunch, side dish or even a dessert! Try this fruit-filled salad for a healthy sweeter choice.
Citrus Honey Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped basil
- 2 cups cooked and cooled red quinoa (or quinoa of your preference)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, cut in half
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup roughly chopped Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Cinnamon Almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- First, make the dressing. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, honey, mint, and basil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, almonds, mint, and basil. Gently stir. Drizzle citrus honey dressing over the salad and gently stir again.
Thank you Two Peas and their Pod for this all around fabulous recipe!