This has become too complicated of a question and a plethora of exercise training programs are out there. Circut Training, Weightlifing, Running, Cycling, Boxing, Zumba, CrossFit, Yoga, etc. You name it, it exists. It can be hard to navigate understanding which type of exercise is right for you or what you might be interested in doing. So start by asking yourself a few questions…
- Why am I looking to add exercise to my life?
- What are my goals? Is it all about weight-loss or are my fitness goals more than that?
- What is my past exercise experience? What has worked and what hasn’t?
- What type of approach do I want to take? Do I just want to focus on one thing or treat my whole self?
- What type of atmosphere do I workout best in?
- Do I want guidance or to lone-wolf it? What type of professionals (Personal Trainer, Athletic Trainer, CSCS, etc) are right for me? Is a fitness club or gym motivating enough for me?
- What other benefits do I hope to get from where I work out?
All good things to ponder when considering starting something new. Like previously said, there are a ton of exercise options out there. Think about what you might like to do and who you might like to have help you along the way. Exercise should not be daunting and it shouldn’t be something you do on your own. Taking a team approach to activity is a big key to successful exercise training. So take a look around, we are always here to support you in your exercise journey.