Don’t you just love the taste of Stuffed Bell Peppers, and simple recipe they call for? Here is an even better idea! Stuffed Bell Peppers for breakfast. Cook them the night before and they are ready in the morning, or prep them the night before and cook them before work!
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup cheese, divided
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
*You can add any other veggies, and substitute the dairy and meats for any alternatives to fit your dietary needs*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, green onion, spinach, ½ cup cheese and bacon with a whisk until combined.
- Lay your peppers in a lightly greased baking dish (whatever size works — you want them to be a little snug so they don’t move too much and spill). Divide your egg mixture between your peppers and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with tin foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, until eggs are set.
*You can also cook these in slow cooker for 3-4 hours low, or until eggs are cooked*
Thank you Recipe Rebel for this wonderful idea!!