Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at FITLIFE!
Here are some simple Do’s and Don’ts to avoid the pitfalls of the holidays while eating this Thanksgiving.
- Don’t try to start dieting right now, but don’t let yourself binge for a whole month either.
- Try to plan out your food for the day first thing in the morning. You probably know what goodies and snacks will be around, so make a plan to enjoy a few little things, while mentally preparing yourself to sidestep the rest. You’ll be happier when you aren’t in a food coma all day and that you still enjoyed yourself.
- Grab a smaller plate than you’d normally use. (I promise you will still end up with plenty of food.)
- Skip seconds.
- Instead of piling on the mashed potatoes, take a little of everything. There’s bound to be a salad on the menu, try to load up on that instead.
- Eat at the table instead of in front of the TV. This will help prevent you from over-eating at this meal and future ones.
- Eat slower, enjoy each bite instead of wolfing it down.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you’re not perfect, but don’t jump off the horse either.