The exercise technique we are highlighting this week is one of my personal favorite all inclusive TRX moves. The TRX single leg squat to plank to press is a fairly high level move that requires focus to execute correctly.
Step by Step of How To Do This Move
- One foot is placed in the dropdown of both TRX straps.
- Light to moderate sized weights are appropriate for this move. Just make sure you can do it correctly with light weight before moving up!
- Single leg squat the weights to the ground in front of you.
- Brace up to a plank, make sure you pay attention to keeping your back flat and your wrists neutral on the grip.
- Return to the single leg squat and stand up.
- Perform a biceps curl to overhead press. This is a great place to mix up this move by working either regular curls, hammer curls or reverse curls.
- Press weight over head.
- Curl weights back to the floor.
- Repeat from step one.
Keys to Remember
Focus on deep belly breathing throughout the movement and make sure to keep your stance leg heel down while you are starting the steps above. This move is awesome because you’re working balance, strength and mobility all in one. Don’t be fooled, this isn’t as easy as Ashley makes it look. Start with a set of 6-10 on each leg for 2-3 sets.