Are you looking for a kid friendly, easy, week day meal? This is it! Quick to make and tastes like heaven. This recipe is already gluten free, but can easily be made dairy-free, vegetarian, or even vegan!
*This recipe will make 2 sliders!
- 200g (4 x 50g) sweet potato cut into semi-thick pieces
- 6oz turkey lunch meat (vegan meat if you choose)
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese (vegan cheese if you choose)
- small handful of spinach
- 2 Roma tomato slices
- 2 tsp BBQ (BBQ that fits your personal liking)
- Set oven to 375F.
- Slice a sweet potato into 4 thick pieces to make the buns of the sliders. TIP: You can pre-bake the slider buns in the oven for about 8-10 minutes prior to assembling the slider. This will help ensure that buns are fully cooked when eating. Simply place them on a baking sheet and toss them in the oven. Just that easy!
- Cut the slice of mozzarella cheese into 4 pieces.
- On one sweet potato slice, add spinach, 1 tomato slice, 3oz turkey meat, 2 mozzarella cheese pieces, 1 tsp BBQ sauce.
- Top with the other sweet potato slice and jam a wooden kabob skewer all the way through the entire slider so that it pierces the sweet bun below.
- Repeat for the other slider.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 375F or until the sweet potato is cooked to desired firmness/softness. I prefer them to be firm so that you can hold it like a slider.
- Allow the sliders to cool before eating.
Watch how to make this!
Thank you to FIT MEN COOK for this amazing meal!