Barton has volunteered seasonally at FITLIFE since 2012, and officially joins the team in 2017. He is currently an Associate Professor in the Post-Professional Athletic Training Program at A.T. Still University, where he teaches clinical courses in Examination and Diagnosis, Manual Therapy, and Corrective Exercise. Barton has been a certified athletic trainer since 1999 and has worked in the high school, collegiate, and clinical settings.
His passions include movement assessment and corrective exercise, along with identifying the best ways to help his clients through manual therapy interventions and exercise training. He has specialized training in soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilizations, and positional release therapy.
- Doctor of Health Sciences from Nova Southeastern in 2015
- Masters of Science in Athletic Training from A.T. Still University in 2003
- Bachelors of Science in Sports Medicine and Athletic Training from Missouri State University in 1999
- Arizona Board of Athletic Training Licensed Athletic Trainer since 2008
- Board of Certification Certified Athletic Trainer since 1999
- CPR & AED Certified – current