Retrieved from: skinnytaste – Turkey Stuffed Peppers
WELLNESS WEDNESDAY – Who doesn’t enjoy a low carb, high protein healthy entree?! Especially one that is ONLY 221 calories per serving!! Check out this awesome recipe for a flavorful twist on stuffed bell peppers!
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 large red bell peppers, washed
- 1 cup cup reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 & 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice
- Olive oil spray / olive oil
- 6 tbsp skim shredded cheddar cheese
The rest of this recipe can be found by clicking on this link which will take you directly to the skinnytaste website! The purpose of this blog is to encourage our FITLIFE clients to invest time into eating healthy by supplying resources. Any suggestions are taken with open arms!
With the seasons changing be sure to stay tuned for some great fall recipes!!